Musical Fidelity M6si500 Integrated Amp
M6si500 In Brief
- Fantastic technical performance
- Amazing load driving ability, will drive any loudspeaker with ease
- Five inputs - Balanced XLR, CD, Tuner, Aux / HT, Tape
- Preamp and fixed line outputs
- Home Theatre bypass
- Internally it is a separate preamp with two independent monobloc power amps; effectively a separates system in a box
- Excellent, he-man build quality
The M6si500 offers prodigious power – 500 Watts per channel into 8ohms – but there's so much more to it than muscle.
The M6si500 has a high-quality metal build that gives it both distinctive style and a solid performance platform. The front panel is a bespoke, fine-line extrusion of military-grade aluminium, while the heatsinks are also custom-made for outstanding dissipation plus a fine finish.
We have engineered the M6si500 as a genuine dual-mono design. Each power amp section has its own heat sink and separate transformer, while the preamp has its own power-supply winding.
The five input sockets are connected directly to the main preamp circuit board, instead of using wire connections. This ultra-short signal path ensures ultra-low impedance from the instant sources feed into the M6si500.
Meanwhile, each channel has 12 big bipolar transistors; 200 amps peak-to-peak performance is readily available.
In addition, a precision digital volume control – using laser-trimmed substrate resistors - ensures perfect tracking right down to very low listening levels.
Such attention to detail delivers stellar technical performance. For example, distortion levels are remarkably low – around 0.008% at 1kHz and 0.015% at 20kHz, and only marginally rising to 0.02% at ultra-high frequencies of 30-50kHz. Signal-to-noise ratio is also minimal.
The M6si500 has remarkable linearity and consistency, enabling it to drive any speaker with ample power reserve. It sounds effortless, fluid and dynamic: the way the very best amplifiers should.
M6si500 - Specifications
- Power output: 500 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms (27dBW)
- THD(+ noise): <0.01% typical, 20Hz to 20 kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: >100dB ‘A’-weighted
- Frequency Response: +0, –0.1dB, 10Hz to 20 kHz
4 x line level RCA / phono (1 with home theatre bypass)
- 1 x RCA pre out
- 1 x RCA fixed out
- Dimensions - WxHxD (mm): 440 x 160 x 460
- Weight (unpacked / packed): 30kg/ 35kg