These are mono amplifiers sold individually. For two channels, you must order two.
M8-700m - Overview
The new M8-700m monobloc power amp is fully balanced, and offers a staggering 700 watts per monobloc, with stellar sound quality and technical performance.
The M8-700m has extremely low distortion, typically 0.001% at 1 kHz. At 20 kHz distortion is still below 0.005%. Distortion at 50 kHz (a ridiculous and unreasonable measurement, but revealing of the total amplifier performance nonetheless) is 0.02%. At 100 kHz, it is about 0.06%. These extraordinary measurements, and the extremely low high-frequency distortion, are highly significant sonically.
The noise ratio of the M8-700m is extremely low at -120 dB A-weighted.
The M8-700m has huge power reserves, producing 700 watts RMS into 8 ohms and just on 1300 watts into 4 ohms. It is an absolute powerhouse.
The power, low distortion and the extremely low noise contribute to its fabulous, effortless sound.
Sound quality and design
The M8-700m is extremely powerful and dynamic. The sound is sweet, clear and uncoloured. Dynamics are massive and are delivered with instantaneous speed, both starting and stopping.
The M8-700m sound stage is huge, wide and deep. It creates large amounts of air and space, and is holographic in its presentation.
Similar in size and design package to the M6 500i, the M8-700m offers a compelling combination of fully balanced circuitry, extraordinary technical performance, exquisite sound, intelligent packaging and value for money makes a compelling case.
M8-700m In Brief
- Fully balanced, monster power 700W per monobloc
- Staggering technical performance
- Huge peak current delivery
- Incredible load driving ability, will drive any loudspeaker with any cable
- Excellent design, he-man build quality
M8-700m - Specifications
- Power output: 700 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms (28 dBW)
- THD(+ noise): <0.005% typical
- Signal to Noise Ratio: >120dB
- Frequency Response: +0, –1dB, 10Hz to 80kHz
- 2x RCA Phono Line Level
- 1x Line level XLR Balanced
- 1x Trigger input 3.5mm (1/8”) mono jack ±4.5 to ±15V DC
- Dimensions - WxHxD (mm): 440 x 160 x 460
- Weight (unpacked / packed): 30 kg / 35.5 kg
Musical Fidelity products usually ship within 3-5 business days