Canor DAC 2.10
The new DAC 2.10 is built on the same chassis as the rest of the 2.10 series. That means it perfectly matches the rest of the products from that range: Integrated hybrid amplifier AI 2.10, Tube phono preamplifier PH 2.10 and Tube DAC with CD player CD 2.10.
Moreover, the new DAC 2.10 fits the rest of the 2.10 series from the price point of view also.
The new DAC 2.10 uses a dual mono configuration of the highest class D / A converter from ESS Saber. The used D / A converters ESS9038Q2M ensure the highest class of sound in affordable circuits.
Thanks to these converters the DAC 2.10 supports (via USB input) the files in PCM format up to 24-bit / 768 kHz and in DSD format up to the DSD512. That covers any digital file you can normally buy or "stream".
The new DAC 2.10 comes with 5 digital inputs and 2 analogue outputs (both balanced as well as unbalanced).
The analogue output is a buffer, which is solved by a high-quality tube connection.
The new DAC 2.10 includes dual (ESS SABER) DACs and separate signal paths for the left and right channels.
It has eight digital filters and one proprietary filter from the MQA makers. Therefore you can adjust the sound exactly to your liking with these filters.
MQA: Master Quality Authenticated - is an audio compression technology that enables real hi-res audio streaming.
The signal from the USB input is processed by a powerful multi-core XMOS microcontroller with an advanced Multi-Core RISC architecture.
The CPLD MAX II circuit (Complex Programmable Logic Device) of Altera is used for reclocking, which together with the XMOS microcontroller bring high-quality processing of classic as well as MQA technology.
The technical characteristics are as follows:
- 2,0V RMS - 0dBFS on digital inputs /RCA output
- 4,0V RMS - 0dBFS on digital inputs /XLR output
- 44,1/48/88,2/96/176,4/192/352,8/384/705,6/768 kHz
- DSD64, DSD128, DSD256 and DSD512 (DoP, DSD512 native)
- full MQA unfolding by hardware
- < 200 ohms
Digital to Analogue converter:
- 2 x ESS9038Q2M 32-bit (dual mono)
- 8 different digital
- balanced tubes
- 4 x 6922EH
- 3,5” TFT module, 480x320, 360 cd/m2, contrast ratio 700, full viewing MVA technology
USB data transfer:
- Asynchronous, DSD DoP up to DSD512 support and PCM up to 24bit/768kHz
- Digital inputs:
- 1 x USB Audio Class 2 requires USB 2.0 (USB B connector)
S/PDIF optical input:
- 2 x up to 24bit / 192kHz (TOSlink®)
S/PDIF coaxial input:
- 1 x up to 24bit / 192kHz (RCA socket)
1 x up to 24bit / 192kHz balanced (XLR connector)
- 1x pair of XLR connectors
- 1 x pair of RCA connectors