“The new AGD “THE AUDION” is one of the most Compact Amplifier Design in Hi-End Audio. “THE AUDION” Monoblock uses the unique GaNTube™ technology with Gallium Nitride MOSFET based Power-Stage, fully enclosed in a Glass Tube. The Gallium Nitride Power MOSFETS, are the unique technology design advantage of AGD Productions, and are the key to the reference level performance of all AGD amplifiers. With the seamless ability to drive any load, “THE AUDION” can deliver an unmatched sonic experience that only SET designs have been able to provide so far.
With 170W of power capability, the fastest voltage slew-rate, and with 20,000µF of super audio grade capacitor reservoir, “THE AUDION” is uniquely capable of sustaining the deepest bass punches while delivering the finest harmonic content of any vocal and musical instruments ensemble. Crafted in a minimalistic ultra-compact solid aluminum case, “THE AUDION” has one single ended and one full balanced XLR inputs, (40kOhm std. and 600ohm upon request), enabling a perfect match with any direct source units (DAC) or preamplifiers in the market.
AGD “THE AUDION” Monoblock amplifiers are build around the same output power stage used in the AGD Vivace. To achieve the highest-performance in audio reproduction, AGD “THE AUDION” mono-block employs the same fundamental technology pioneered by the AGD Vivace design. As with the AGD Vivace, also in AGD “THE AUDION” design we were able to achieve nearly ideal switching waveforms, completely oscillation-free
Thus, preserving the harmonic content present in the original input signal and avoid the superimposition of any additional artifacts that alter the overall spectrum and the spatiality of the music reproduction.
The Gallium Nitride power MOSFETS used in the GaNTubeTM power stage, simplifies this challenge through its ability to efficiently switch at much higher slew rates than any silicon based power MOSFET, with almost perfect (book-like) behavior and oscillation free switching.
- The most advanced power stage in Hi-End Audio.
- Gallium Nitride MOSFET based power stage.
- Fully integrated in a Glass Tube (Octal Socket)
- 170W, 4ohm (>30A max current capability).
- 800KHz PWM (GaNTubeKT88 MKII)
- 40kOhm input impedance.
Main Features & Characteristics:
1. Power Entry Module 2. Fuse Holder 3. Input Voltage Selector 4. ON-OFF Switch 5. SPEAKER OUTPUT POSITIVE TERMINAL 6. SPEAKER OUTPUT NEGATIVE TERMINAL 7. Analog Input Selector Switch 8. RCA Single-ended analog input 9. XLR Balanced analog input PARAMETERS GaNTubeKT88 MKII Maximum Output Power at 0.1% THD+N, 1KHz, 4Ω. 170W THD+N 10W/1KHz <0.005% Output Power at 0.01% THD+N, 20Hz÷20KHz, 8Ω 85W Bandwidth ±3dB 5Hz÷100KHz Input Impedance 40kohm (600ohm upon request) Efficiency% >94% Noise (A-weighted) < -130db GaNTubeKT88 MKII PWM Frequency 800kHz std. Dimension 7.5×5.5×7.5 Weight 5lbs (2.5kg) Input Voltage 110-240V (user selectable)
- <-130db noise floor.